Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, January 18, 2013

Ana Luz Jevne is here!

Finally, I made some time to write about our little girl's arrival. I was due on January 2nd, 2013. However, I was already scheduled to be induced on December 26th, 2012.
A little history on my other 3 labors:
Samuel was 7.8 lbs @ 42 wks and 16 hrs of labor with 1.5 hours of pushing, contractions for active labor came on its own but 8 hours later was still induced, no epidural, 4 doses of narcotics, missed the doctor, only Jay was there.
Benjamin was 7.2 lbs @ 39 wks and 8 hours of labor, 4 pushes, induced, no epidural, 1 dose of narcotics, missed the doctor, only Jay was there.
Daniel was 6.14 lbs @ 39 wks and 4 hours of labor, 2 pushes, induced, no epidural, no narcotics, missed the doctor, Jay, my mother-in-law and my mom were there.
After this info two things were the same in each case; no epidural and missing the doctor. The funny part is that after Samuel, we always tell the doctor and nurses how we have missed the doctor in every ocassion with the purpose not to miss him again. Once in the birth canal I am not waiting for them to call the doctor. So, with that said we MADE SURE they were all aware and finally have a doctor there.
Well, I thought it was gonna be great planning with Samuel and Benjamin's school programs and party being on that Friday, dec. 21st and me teaching Sharing time that Sunday the 23rd, plus Christmas on Tue. and leaving to have my baby the next day. Jay had already asked for all those 2 weeks off, plus he was done with his semester, so no school. Family (sister-in-law, and brother-in-law with wife, who is expecting for end of May) were in town, which meant distraction for my kids. I thought I had it as set as I could. I kept telling everybody how my babies dont come on their own so I was really sure it was a done deal with the induction.
Saturday was a full day, walking a lot, cramping a lot, contracting a lot (braxton..). Jay slept all day because he was supposed to work his last night shift before the 2 weeks he asked off. However, they have been sending people home (thanks to obamacare) from his work, and they called him and told him not to come in. So he partied with his brother, while I went to bed early (9pm). I felt him come to bed at 2am when I decided to use the restroom, and noticed how strong my contractions were getting. So, I laid on the bed for and hour hoping to go to sleep, but got woken up by the pain every 5 min. So, I kept track of the time. At 3am I had enough. I got up, took shower to relax me, sat on the big ball, ate, drank. Finally, by 4am I couldnt stand it anymore, I woke up Jay to take me to the hospital. I didnt want him to wake up anybody till we knew they had admitted me but as much as he usually worries, he woke up my brother-in-law, Tyler and his wife, Chelsea woke up on her own claiming she had a feeling something was going on and she needed to be alert, which was right on the money or baby?

Stork or Santa?
Sure enough, once in the car my contractions started to fade... I started to get mad because I would look like an attention-seeking-liar, right? Horray! I was right, I was dilated to a 5 so they admitted me but my contractions were getting further apart. Boo. I had invited my 2 sister-in-law and mother-in-law to be there. So 30 min later they got there. We played skip-boo, I walked around the whole floor three different times, and sat on the ball for a while too. Slowly progressing.
Then we had to figure out Church for the boys. The only ones home were grandpa and Tyler. Did I mentioned my father-in-law is the bishop and has meeting before Church? Also, did I mentioned we had Church at 9am? So that puts poor Tyler by himself, with all my three boys to explained to them why nobody else is home when they got up, fed them and got them ready for Church. Grandma left the hospital just in time to help out with them and take all of them to Chuch (which is on the way to the hospital anyway) and come back to the hospital. By 8am contractions were getting stronger so I asked for a dose of the narcotic before it was too late to get one (happened with Daniel). By 9:30ish they broke my water. My doctor was off, so we met the one on call, which happened to be a female OBGYN, and repeated the story of my "allergy to have a doctor for labor" and by 10am I was ready and she was in, still putting her glooves when Ana came in 2 pushes by 10:04am. She had a strong cry like her brothers, was 6.14 lbs 18.5 in @ 38 wks, all the fam there, DIDNT MISS THE DOC!
Full of hair and sweet look, Ana Luz Jevne came wrapping daddy on her finger from the moment she was born. The boys love her, always want to hold her and feed her. Daniel would ask for her, but never getting close. A week after I was home, he warmed up to her and now kisses her (he never kisses anybody) and wants to holder often. I came home a little early so we could join everybody for Christmas morning. I got to admitt that we had the best Christmas present we could ever ask for. She is precious and sure has brough a different spirit into our family. Our friend Royce from Church and a photographer, who has two hansom boys ages of Samuel and Benjamin took some of the most adorable pictures I could ever dream off! Now I understand why people like to to get a photography session for their newborns... Just enjoy my little angel! Merry Christmas everybody and an awesome 2013!!!


 
 
Jay's favorite

Merry Christmas 2012!!!




 

1 comment:

  1. She is just precious! I can't believe that you went into labor on your own AND so early! I'm glad she is the joy of the family! Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete